I’m back, after a long, long sabbatical from blogging, to start a new project.
As a quilter and an artist, I tend to collect (hoard) things. Most notably, I have an affinity for books.
My fabric stash is at StABLE (Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy) level, as well.
While quilting is my passion, it is also my occupation. I have a wonderful 23” Nolting Longarm quilting machine, which keeps me busy and gainfully employed,
as well as a part time job at a machine dealership. This part-time employment has allowed me to acquire even more stash and books than before.
Well, in order to prevent a Hoarders intervention, I have decided that I must make at least one quilt from, or inspired by, each book and pattern I have. If there is nothing in the quilt book that is helpful or inspirational to me, it is going on the FREE table at one of the guilds.
What you will witness, Readers, is my progress (or lack thereof) through this project.
To start, I shall state the rules:
- All books must start in the library. This part has been accomplished, I believe.
- Any book can be saved by either virtue of technique or by pattern use. Since I have never completed a pattern as written, this will have to be a loose interpretation.
- Each quilt must use *something* from my stash, even if it is batting or the fabric for the quilt label. Hopefully, it will be much more than that in most cases.
- Completed means Completed. Bound, labeled, and ready for action.
- There will be off-topic posts. Love them, or skip them.
- I made the rules, and I can break them. I am Supreme Ruler of my own blog posts. MUAHAHAHA!!!
Join me, if you wish, and share your progress! There will soon be a facebook page and flickr group dedicated to the project. Considering where I am starting, I will never run out of blogging material again!